Sold by the foot.
100% Spectra construction
- Extremely strong with negligible stretch - 10 times stronger than steel by weight
- Almost Neutral Buoyancy with a specific gravity of .97
- Hydrophobic and therefore non-wetting unlike nylon/Dacron braided lines
- Extremely High UV resistance eliminating the problem of sunlight degradation
- 100% strength retention after 2 years immersion in salt water
- One of the most abrasion resistant materials available with good cut resistance
- Each line is top-coated with polyurethane specifically formulated for the specific lines application
Posted by Unknown on November 24th, 2013
I have used this stuff for a while. The top layer gets worn out after a while when used as wishbone. but the next two layers are so tough that makes it hard to cut it with a wire cutter. if I could use it in my reel, i deffinatly would, but its a lil too heavy for that purpose, which slows down the spear quickly.
Posted by Peter Hong Kong on September 6th, 2013
I ordered 2 metres to try it out on my Hammerhead rubbers. Up till now it has only faded slightly in colour BUT has not worn through. Only one down side is that it is stronger than the Spectra loops either side of the Hammerhead bands from Hawaii that it has cut in to them making them perilously thin. This stuff is Tuff or Tough no matter what. I suggest using it to make the loops either side of the band and using a 1.5mm Dyneema or Spectra line for your bridle which can be replaced easily.